Words to remember

"Never doubt in the darkness what you believed in the light."

Monday, March 31, 2008

Sched. for next year and updates

So I registered for my courses for next year. Looks to be a good semester.
History 380: Islamism
History 381: Traditional China
Philosophy 111: Introduction to Logic
German 201: Intermediate German
English 361: History of the English Language
History thesis: TBA, but looking like something on Norman/Angevin England

So I'm anticipating an interesting course-load.

In other news, I sent off the registration material to St. Bonaventure's for their Summer Seminar. I'll be taking a fascinating course on the reading and hermeneutics of mediaeval manuscripts. It looks like it'll be a great time. It's an opportunity to see what the O.F.M. is all about too.

I've also sent out letters to the Ordo Praedicatorum and the Fraternitas Sacerdotalis Sancti Petri to tell them I'm interested in pursuing a vocation, and am attracted to their order. I'm not sure if this is quite the proper procedure; I almost feel like I'm shopping around for something that ought to come primarily as a call from God. But I have to figure that interest effects the whole process somehow. Still waiting to hear back from dioecesis Syracusensis on that end, so we'll see where things go with that.

I also understand that the Muslims have overtaken Catholics in terms of percentage of world population. Well, let that be a lesson; when civilization thinks it's all fine and dandy to go about seeking whatever cheap thrill it wants with nary a thought to settling down and starting a big family, that's what we'll get. Though as I am now seriously considering removing myself from the gene pool, I'm hardly one to talk... :)

No comments: