Words to remember

"Never doubt in the darkness what you believed in the light."

Friday, December 14, 2007

A busy Advent

Well, finals are done (gratias Deo). The year turned out pretty well. And it's shaping up to be a busy last few weeks of Advent. Our Choir Christmas Concert, the last in our concert series this year which included an amazing performance by Anthony Kearns, is this Sunday, so that'll take a fair bit of preparation. Gaudete Sunday will take a little bit of work, too. Around the house, there'll be lots of cleaning, though everything is pretty well decorated now. Two good friends have just gotten back from Europe, so it will be great to see them. And with any luck, my temporary agency will be able to find some office which needs help over the holidays.

For the Fourth Sunday of Advent, I think I'll pull double-duty and go to the TLM at the Basilica at 4. It would be nice to make a regular practice of it. I think they will even be saying/singing High Mass there on Christmas morning at 12:30. I would dearly love to go (I'll probably have to beg, it being Christmas morning and all). I'm hoping that I could make the case that we could simply take two cars to the family party, enabling Gramma and Grampa to get an earlier ride home. This would let me drive to Mass and then drive to the party without worrying about making anyone late. Who knows, though?

No comments: